Proven, accurate, bankable data
Solcast has been on a mission to advance the state of the art in cloud and radiation modelling.
Our team of meteorologists, data scientists and engineers started in 2015 by building the most sophisticated global real time irradiance service (the Solcast API), in concert with radiation modelling expert Dr Nick Engerer and his team of scientists from the Australian National University. After the API became operational (now with over 3,000 users globally and growing), Solcast’s meteorologists and data scientists moved focus to the history of satellite and aerosol data globally - with the goal of applying their improved technology to produce the most accurate, lowest uncertainty historical irradiance estimates.
Using the highest resolution satellite and aerosols data, we detect our own clouds with industry-leading models. Our dataset reduces risk for developers, and lowers uncertainty in energy simulations by accurately modelling solar irradiance and weather data for 12+ years. Our solar data is available as Time Series, Typical Meteorological Year (TMY), and Monthly averages.
How Solcast is different
- Top performing data set
- Multiple, independent validation studies
- See our validation statistics for yourself
High quality, global data
- Highest resolution, unique satellite cloud detection
- 5/10/15/30/60 minute time steps available
- Ignores old, unreliable satellites for greater certainty
Easy to use
- Register now for instant access, and free testing credits
- Data downloads in 1 to 9 minutes
- Multiple file types available: PVsyst, TMY3, SAM, CSV
- Time series, TMY, and monthly averages available
- Volume discounts for heavy users
- No forced bundles – all products purchasable separately
How Solcast works to lower uncertainty
- Smarter cloud detection
- Aerosol tracking
- Clear & cloudy sky calibration
How to download data now
Sign up and instantly claim your free historical credits
Create your free user account to access the Solcast API Toolkit. You’ll receive free historical credit to try our Historical and TMY data for yourself.
Select your data
Select the data product you need.
Select your data period and parameters
For time series select the period and parameters for the request.
Download your data (1-9 minutes)
Grab a quick coffee as your request is processed and available to download within minutes.